- Saturday | September 23, 2023
- 11:59 pm - 11:59 pm
Date(s) - 02/20/2021
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Categories No Categories
The NBC Nursery, Children’s Ministry & and BTG Teens will host a Virtual Black History Museum on Wednesday, February 24th at 7PM LIVE from the New Bethel Church Facebook & Youtube Pages! All those ages 2-17 can participate! Each child will represent a figure of their choice to educate and inspire all those that visit the museum online!
- Step 1: Research and choose a black history figure to represent. The chosen figure can be from the past of present. Siblings may choose couples or historical groups. Once you’ve selected a figure, confirm your child(ren)’s participation below! If someone has already selected the person you chose, we will notify you ASAP so you can choose someone different.
- Step 2: Each child should write a short speech or monologue about the person. Parents, we encourage your help with this part! The speech should be no more than 3 minutes. Of course the toddlers and younger children can be a lot shorter lol. Please make sure the speech is written as if the child is the person. “I” instead of “he” or “she”. The speech can be memorized or read from a notecard. If the child chooses to read it, please make sure he or she is very familiar with it so they are able to stay in character.
- Step 3: On Saturday, February 20th, everyone will be recorded in the Haven Center with our green screen. We will create a virtual backdrop that corresponds with each presentation. When you sign up below, choose a recording time frame. This will help us maintain social distancing and will prevent us from overlapping so we all can remain safe. Costumes & Props are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED but please DO NOT wear or use anything green.
- Step 4: Practice at home! If the child’s costume includes props, make sure he or she can recite their speech with them. The more the child practices, the more confident they will be!
ALSO… The next Take home snacks and activity kits will be distributed to our NBC Families on Saturday. February 20th. Therefore, when you come for the recording, you can pick up your items too! We are all about killing two birds with one stone 🙂
***EACH HOUSEHOLD CAN SELECT 1 SPACE BELOW WITH YOUR CHOSEN RECORDING TIME ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH. EXTENDED DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15th at 8PM
If you have any questions, please reach out to a Children’s Ministry Staff Volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org
God Bless and Have Fun!
Bookings are closed for this event.